Throughout history martial arts has continued to evolve, always looking for better methods and more effective techniques. Our own style is typical of this philosophy and we consistently look to improve our karate and fighting skills but never forgetting our traditional values. Over the years our instructors have trained with many top martial artists from a wide range of disciplines. These styles have included not only those featuring striking and kicking techniques used in karate but also systems specialising in locks, pressure points, takedowns and throws. We include all of these in the extremely effective self defence taught, including defences against both traditional and modern weapons.
S.E.F.K.A. was formed in 1984 when Chief Instructor Trevor White (6th Dan) formed his own group. This allowed a more open minded approach to karate training and more interaction with instructors from different styles. Trevor has trained in numerous other martial arts and recognises that all styles and martial arts have something to offer. This has allowed his instructors to develop a wide range of skills and experience which is demonstrated in the wide variety and effectiveness of the techniques taught.
Since its inception the association has enjoyed local, national and international success in competitions and has expanded significantly. S.E.F.K.A now has numerous clubs throughout Suffolk and Essex including Colchester, Sudbury, Halstead, Earls Colne, Gt Cornard, Hedingham, Nayland, Leavenheath, Bures and Belchamp St Paul. All clubs and their instructors must satisfy the association technical committee that their standards of karate are high and all instructors are fully insured, CRB checked and first aid qualified.
In 1993 Tim Murcott (5th Dan) opened a club in Colchester. Tim has trained with S.E.F.K.A. since 1986 and attained his Black Belt in 1992. In his 22 years of training Tim has fought in many competitions and won numerous titles. He is also proud to have coached many successful fighters from his club including a National Champion.
Why we are the best
• Dynamic Karate taught in a traditional but enjoyable and safe environment
• Proven track record of success, commitment and integrity
• All instructors are CRB checked
• All instructors are first aid qualified
• “Pay as you go” training fees. No direct debits or standing orders
• Be part of a local Association. Other clubs in; Colchester, Sudbury,
• Access to competitions and courses all held locally
• All club gradings are held locally,no extra travelling required
• Simple and very effective self defence taught
• Additional specialist sessions such as Ladies Self Defence, Weapons fighting and competition fighting held
• Local courses held with guest instructors from a variety of martial arts backgrounds
• No club fee or joining fee
• Annual insurance and Association membership including grading book just £10.00 for juniors. Many charge £25.00+
• 9 grades in our style. Many have 12 which increases time required and cost to progress
• All suits and belts available at heavily discounted prices